Attempting to summit the very best of MMO music, the Battle Bards head up, up, up into the mountains with this episode! What musical motifs do the ranges hold in online games? The crew of Steff, Syl, and Syp are going to try to find out — if the yeti doesn’t eat them first!
Battle Bards is the world’s first, best, and only MMO music podcast. Biweekly episodes alternate between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
Listen to Episode 195: In the mountains (or download it) now:
Episode 195 show notes
- Intro (feat. “Berg” from Drakensang Online, “Snowhorn” from Runes of Magic, and “Mountains” from Valheim)
- “Interdica High Mountain” from Aion
- “Wind-Washed Mountains” from Genshin Impact
- “The Vista from Mount Crom” from Age of Conan
- “Steamfront Mountains” from EverQuest 2
- “Mountains of Past Times” from Elsword Online
- “Sunqua Peak” from Guild Wars 2
- “The Mountains of Night” from Age of Conan
- Which one did we like best?
- Listener notes from Katriana
- Jukebox picks: “Welcome to the Academy” from The Slormaster, “Frontier Music” from The Trail, and “A Big Adventure” from Sackboy
- Outro (feat. “Cold Mountain Duet” from World of Warcraft)