On this week’s show, Bree and Justin mark a decade of DDO’s free-to-play revolution, say farewell to Bless Online, take a look at a new fairytale-style MMO, and wonder why World of Warcraft vanilla servers haven’t closed up shop in the wake of WoW Classic.
This episode was kindly sponsored by the long-running strategy MMO Travian Legends, which you can read more about on massivelyop.travian.com. (There are bumper commercials on the episode, but no sponsored segment.)
It’s the Massively OP Podcast, an action-packed hour of news, tales, opinions, and gamer emails! And remember, if you’d like to send in your own letter to the show, use the “Tips” button in the top-right corner of the site to do so.
Listen to the show right now:
- Sponsored by: Travian Legends
- Adventures in MMOs: World of Warcraft, LOTRO, Guild Wars 2
- News: DDO’s new adventure pack, a decade after the free-to-play shift
- News: Bless Online goes offline
- News: Book of Travels looks trés interesting
- News: Star Trek Online’s latest Discovery episode
- News: City of Heroes/NCsoft negotiations update
- News: WoW Classic sucks players from emulators
- Mailbag: Wanting to live in a static classic MMO world
- Mailbag: Side-stepping the MMORPG label
- Download Episode 238
- Podcast theme: “Bon Voyage” from Bless Online
- Your show hosts: Justin and Bree
- Listen to Massively OP Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, TuneIn, Google Play, iHeartRadio, Pocket Casts, and Spotify
- Follow Massively Overpowered: Website, Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Twitch
- If you’re having problems seeing or using the web player, please check your flashblock or scriptblock setting.