The MOP Up: Closers chooses its next character (March 4, 2018)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from War of Rights, Blade and Soul, Lineage 2 Revolution, Darwin Project, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Closers, Elder Scrolls Online, Bless, Soulworker Online, Skyforge, The Black Death, Saga of Lucimia, Dungeon Fighter Online, Mu Origin, Prosperous Universe, Legends of Aria, Battlerite, and Aura Kingdom Mobile, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Aura Kingdom Mobile: This MMO spinoff is launching in Southeast Asia on March 7th.
- Prosperous Universe: Learn more about this game’s expertise system.
- The Black Death: The team is ironing out its starting profession and is teasing its new attributes and building systems.
- Bless: Get to know the development team that’s bringing this fantasy MMO to the west!
- Darwin Project: This battle royale title (yes, another one) is launching on March 9th.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Tides of War: The struggle on this mobile game has stepped up with its New Year Update that includes open PvP and tacticians.
- Skyforge: The MMO is getting an update to its Hall of Trophies… soon.
- Elder Scrolls Online: The Dragon Bones DLC, with its new outfit system, finally arrived on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds: The latest Xbox patch helped to stabilize the game and brings in some new UI improvements.
- Hellion: You can now craft any piece of equipment in the game thanks to this update.
- War of Rights: Update 98 brings Antietam: Hill’s Counterattack, the Civil War game’s 17th skirmish area.
- Dungeon Fighter Online: Players can strive to become a Pro Arad Adventurer and create a new character for the leveling event. [Thanks Colton!]
- Closers: Players can support either Harpy or Tina as the next playable character in the game.
- Blade and Soul: A $50,000 prize pool is up for grabs in the 2018 Battle Brawl.
Odds and Ends
- Lineage 2 Revolution: This mobile game crossed its first 100 days and have racked up 10M created characters and over 179.5M hours played. [Source: Press release]
- Overwatch: Blizzard President Mike Morhaime said that the e-sports industry is “at an inflection point right now” and that Overwatch League is trying to fix some of the problems in the genre.
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds: Tencent and PUBG Corp. is partnering to bring this game to China and is making Tencent’s founder the richest man in the country.
Want to turn into a ghoul after you die so you can snack on your friends? That’s the twist of Dead Dozen, a new multiplayer game that’s gone into early access:
Excited about Soulworker Online? Drink in the first episode of the animated series:
The second session of Saga of Lucimia’s leveling diaries is over and done, but you can catch up with this recording of the dev stream:
Dungeon Fighter Online’s Origin update is coming, and it looks pretty exciting:
Get excited about MU Origin’s Update 2.3 with this trailer. Can you feel the power?
Hoping for Ultima Online 2? This Legends of Aria server might be the closest thing you’ll ever get:
Check out Battlerite’s latest animated short, From the Shadows: