The MOP Up: Eden Falling brings the turn-based apocalypse (November 5, 2017)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from MapleStory, World of Warcraft, Rend, EverQuest II, Devilian, Hyper Universe, Eden Falling, War Thunder, Neverwinter, Master X Master, Final Fantasy XI, Ragnarok Online, Dota 2, Old School RuneScape, KurtzPel, and Kritika Online, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- KurtzPel: Elsword developer KOG announced that it’s making this new fantasy MMO.
- Nexon: Stay tuned for this studio’s “Media Day” on November 7th, during which it will announce several new titles!
- Hyper Universe: Nexon is investing into the game and its developer with an undisclosed amount.
- Rend: Take a trip behind the scenes of art creation for this upcoming title.
- Old School RuneScape: The devs went into more details about the upcoming Wilderness revamp.
- Final Fantasy XI: Meet the challenge of a new type of battle content called “Dynamis-Divergence.”
- Master X Master: A small patch from this past week included hero balance and the ability to play Xero in Ranked Titan Ruins.
- Neverwinter: Lots of bits ‘n’ pieces from this MMO’s November 1st update, but nothing super-noteworthy.
- MapleStory: This fall’s Nova update is bringing two brand-new heroes to play!
- Devilian: Battle for gems through November 7th!
- EverQuest II: Another birthday and another Heroes’ Festival to enjoy, going through November 11th.
- World of Warcraft: The Brew of the Month Club is finally back!
Odds and Ends
- Kritika Online: The team made a few adjustments to the December and January development roadmap.
- MMOC: This gaming social platform is now offering a new feature, tournaments.
- Ragnarok Online: This long-running MMO is finally coming back to Singapore and Malaysia!
- Electronic Arts: The publisher said that its decision to shutter Visceral Games had nothing to do with moving toward multiplayer.
- The MMO Bookclub: This community initiative has started a European chapter! “We’re really excited to have grown to the stage where we can host events on a GMT-friendly schedule from now on,” the organizers stated.
What the heck is Eden Falling? Find out how this post-apocalyptic game is bringing a tabletop experience to an online RPG:
War Thunder just celebrated its fifth anniversary and has some nice gifts for its loyal players:
Meet the two new Dota 2 heroes, Dark Willow and Pangolier: