The MOP Up: EverQuest II’s scorched sky policy (July 1, 2018)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from Elsword, Crossout, ARK Park, EverQuest II, Dark and Light, Conan Exiles, Kritika Online, Lineage 2 Revolution, Old School RuneScape, Titan Quest, MU Origin, World of Tanks Mercenaries, SMITE, and RuneScape, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- World of Tanks Mercenaries: This… expansion? We guess? Has released for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, allowing a glimpse into an alternative timeline where player mercs reign supreme.
- RuneScape: The MMO’s first elite dungeon — which offers a “raid-like experience” — is here in the form of the Temple of Aminishi
- SMITE: The god of life and death, Baron Samedi, debuted with this past week’s Update 5.11. Let’s get hysterical, hysterical!
- Titan Quest: Couch co-op is finally here on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One! [Source: press release]
- Lineage 2 Revolution: Beauty shops, training scarecrows, and more storage are some of the features coming with the June update.
- ARK Park: Get your hands on three new maps and 10 new dino species with the free Pterosaur Hill update.
- Crossout: Drive your souped-up death machines through the new Domination PvP mode and the Steel Cradle PvE raid.
- Elsword Online: The MMO’s first post-Steam release patch adds guild expeditions, an attendence system, and plenty of character balance.
- Kritika Online: Happy first anniversary, Kritika!
- EverQuest II: The Scorched Sky celebration is now running through July 9th, bringing the benefits of fire and flame to those who worship it.
Odds and Ends
- Old School RuneScape: The developers have plans to “protect game integrity” among OSR’s various systems.
- Conan Exiles: Catch up with the latest goings-on in this survival sandbox. Terraformers and monster hutners, anyone?
An hour of questions and answers from the Dark and Light team? You know it, girlfriend!
With a new domain system and more, MU Origin is bringing it with its Update 2.6: