Flying has always been both beloved and controversial in MMORPGs, but no matter what your stance on it, at least you can agree that when you slip the surly bonds of earth, you need an amazing soundtrack for that moment. Thankfully, captain Steff, co-pilot Syl, and navigator Syp are here to point out some of the best flying-themed tunes found in online games. So raise your tray tables to their locked position, because this episode’s about to take off!
Battle Bards is the world’s first, best, and only MMO music podcast. Biweekly episodes alternate between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
Episode 185 show notes
- Intro (feat. “Boundless” from Final Fantasy XIV, “Skybound” from Entropia Universe, and “Gryphons Soar in the Sun” from Elder Scrolls Online)
- “Main Theme” from World of Warplanes
- “Eagle Flight” from Guild Wars 2
- “A Glorious Flight” from War Thunder
- “Adventure” from Guns of Icarus
- “Fly into the Sky” from Blade and Soul
- “Flying Sky” from Trove
- “Flying” from Flyff
- Which one did we like best?
- Listener note from Bullwraith
- Jukebox picks: “Main Theme” from Star Wars Squadrons, “Menu Theme” from Medieval Dynasty, and “Salutations” from Subnautica
- Outro (feat. )