The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Following the June 12th attacks in Orlando, MMO players have shown support and love for those affected by the tragedy. Reader Nordavind pointed out that Ingress players have worked together to create a virtual heart over the city by capturing select portals. How cool is that?
We’ve got plenty of other news tidbits for you after the jump, including patches, MMOs in testing, videos, and more!
New Games and Testing
- Lineage War: This global ARPG is out for both Android and iOS mobile devices, and since it’s getting decent reviews, it might be worth downloading.
- Soulworker Online: Another character is coming to testing: Jin Seipatsu, a lighting-user who also sports some nasty martial arts moves.
- Kritika Online: While Kritika’s focus right now is on southeast Asia, western players aren’t being barred from registering and playing the game. Give it a try! [Thanks Villa!]
- Eternal Crusade: “We are chasing the fun rather than the numbers.” Read a new interview on the making of this game.
- Age of Wushu Dynasty: This mobile spin-off has introduced the Red Chamber update, which includes a new dungeon, the marriage system, and Russian and Thai voice-overs. [source: press release]
- MechWarrior Online: The minimap in this title has received a major overhaul to make it more visible and useful.
- Allods Online: You might not be able to pronounce Ugra-Xada Day, but you can definitely celebrate this festival through June 28th and even learn to play the trumpet during that time!
- Final Fantasy XIV: Naoki Yoshida will be making a keynote presentation at Campus Party in Mexico next weekend.
Odds and Ends
- Dragon Nest: New class incoming spotted! Word is that the game is getting the Heretic, an anti-Cleric who wields a whip sword.
- EVE Online: Do the studio a solid by filling out this survey on player gatherings (or don’t, we’re not here to boss you around)
- Virtual Reality: Studios are going all-in with VR, but are audiences ready? That’s the pressing question that this piece seeks to answer.
- Skyforge: Ready for another weekly lore piece? This time, we’re taking a trip to Port Usuni, a major hub of trading and transportation.
- Armored Warfare: Coming soon to the game is Lords of War, a new competitive team play mode that takes place over a season. Get out there and earn those win streaks! You’ll also want to read up on the new French Scorpion vehicle.
Wakfu is gearing up for its season three update, and to whet the excitement the game came out with its second teaser trailer. Would you like to see it? I bet you would!
Want to get your Black Death on? I mean… game-wise, not “here’s a bucket of plague, so go ahead and stick your head in it.” One streamer recorded nearly an hour of play with the developers, so check it out along with a community Q&A session!
The side-scrolling Aima just got a new class: the RuneBlader. Must be quite impressive, with that capital letter sticking up in the middle and all! Here is eyewitness video of the RuneBlader in action: