Ready to battle it out more than usual? The Battle Bards are cranking up the combat tunes from MMORPGs today, inviting all sorts of violence and slap-happy tempos into the show. So strap on your sword, sling a shield on your back, and get ready to leap into the fray with a wide assortment of excellent — and even unusual — music tracks!
Battle Bards is a bi-weekly podcast that alternates between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
We’ve got Episode 79: Combat music and the show notes for you after the break!
Episode 79 show notes
- Intro (feat. “Planes of Power Battle Music 2” from EverQuest and “Combat Part 3” from The Secret World)
- “Dungeon Boss Music” from FFXIV: Heavensward
- “Skull Island Broadside Combat” from Pirate101
- “Savage Coast Combat” from Age of Conan
- “Combat 4” from Black Desert Online
- “Combat en Amakna” from Dofus
- “Madera Combat” from Defiance
- “High Battle 2” from EverQuest II
- Which one did we like best?
- Jukebox Picks: “Les Monstres” from Contre Jour, “Dearly Beloved” from Kingdom Hearts II, “Hymn to Aurora”from Horace Wimp
- Outro (“Battle Music 3” from War Thunder)