And lo, as the Battle Bards walk through the zone of the shadow of death, they will fear no evil, but they will listen to evil’s soundtrack because that is what they do! In today’s episode, the crew looks at the darker side of MMORPG soundtracks, dwelling in the wicked, the profane, and the deliciously macabre. Also, Syp does his Cookie Monster voice.
Battle Bards is a bi-weekly podcast that alternates between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
Episode 104 show notes
- Intro (feat.“In the Darkest Hour” from Vindictus, “Twilight Vale” from World of Warcraft, and “Theme” from Hellgate London)
- “Into the Shadows” from Dragon’s Prophet
- “Zombie Apocalypse” from The Secret World
- “Eulogy for Hope” from Warhammer Online
- “Krall Theme” from Aion
- “Battle of the Black Gate” from Lord of the Rings Online
- “Warsong” from World of Warcraft
- “The Heartbeat of Evil / The Strain” from WildStar
- Which one did we like best?
- Jukebox Picks: “Monster Town” from Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap, “1:00 A.M.” from Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and “The Synapse” from Deus Ex
- Outro (feat. “Palace of the Dead Final Floor” from Final Fantasy XIV)