The PAX West City of Heroes and Ashes of Creation panels are a go
A few weeks back, we reported on the City of Heroes-themed panel coming to PAX West in Seattle at the beginning of September. With the release of the PAX schedule on Friday, we can confirm that it is indeed happening on Sunday, September 3rd, at 8 p.m. in the Cat theater, with reps from City of Titans and Ship of Heroes [update: and Valiance Online] in attendance.
“When the venerable MMORPG City of Heroes shut down in 2012, it gave rise to several projects often called spiritual successors. Each of these efforts took the same inspiration, yet have developed very different titles. Join Casey McGeever of Heroic Games, Chad Dulac of Silver Helm and Nathaniel Downes of Missing Worlds Media for a conversation a conversation about the challenges in making the game, the progress so far, and how these games will build on and stand apart from City of Heroes as something different and new while serving the great gameplay and positive gaming community that has been looking for a home.”
There are a few other PAX West panels you may be interested in:
- Ashes of Creation has a panel humbly titled “Making MMOs Great Again” on Sunday.
- Final Fantasy XIV will have a big Stormblood presentation on Saturday. It’ll be streamed for those who can’t attend!
- Guild Wars 2 has a sound design panel planned for Friday. The studio will apparently not be demoing the expansion.
- Gigantic will host a panel on its character design on Friday as well.
- Want to be lectured on in-game history? EVE Online and WoW players apparently do. Sunday and Saturday, respectively.
Massively OP will be in Seattle for this show this year — anything you don’t want us to miss?