For a genre that’s alleged to be dying, MMOs certainly do seem to be picking up the pace of news and releases. This week co-hosts Bree and Justin talk about a new expansion announcement, dig into studio finances, and deliver a strongly worded and strangely practiced rant about lockboxes.
It’s the Massively OP Podcast, an action-packed hour of news, tales, opinions, and gamer emails! And remember, if you’d like to send in your own letter to the show, use the “Tips” button in the top-right corner of the site to do so.
- 00:00 – Intro and lockbox rant
- 04:54 – Adventures in MMOs: RIFT, Guild Wars 2, Diablo III
- 13:38 – News: RIFT announces Starfall Prophecy
- 20:51 – News: Elder Scrolls Online’s Shadows of the Hist goes live
- 26:39 – News: Blizzard is apparently doing quite well
- 32:43 – News: Black Desert’s financial controversies
- 45:00 – News: Could TERA be coming to consoles?
- 48:16 – Mailbag: New blood for MMOs
- 58:09 – Outro
- Download Episode 77
- Podcast theme: “Silverwood” from RIFT
- Your show hosts: Bree and Justin
- Listen to Massively OP Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, TuneIn, Google Play, and Pocket Casts
- Follow Massively Overpowered: Website, Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Twitch
- If you’re having problems seeing or using the web player, please check your flashblock or scriptblock setting.