The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss.
- TERA: The Korean version of TERA has added a new Halloween-themed five-man dungeon called Evil Island. It’s about as cheery as you might expect. We’ve also got the video for this below! [MMO Culture]
- Drakensang Online: If you’re a subscriber, then Drakensang’s recent Release 154 is all about you. The game added many more benefits to becoming a member, including free death respawning and extra inventory space. Drakensang will also be present at Gamescom in Hall 8.1. [Patch Notes]
- Archlord 2: This past week’s patch added a lot for high-level characters to do, including new daily quests, a hell-rated dungeon called Dark Stronghold, and a world raid boss named Stein. Good luck! [Patch Notes]
- Final Fantasy XI: There’s a small quality-of-life patch that came out lately that should make the game’s final year of active development that much more enjoyable to experience. [Patch Notes]
- Rappelz: A new dungeon has been added to the game this past week with Epic 9.2: Parallel Worlds. You’ll have to be at least level 150 to try it out, however. [Patch Notes]
- Wakfu Raiders: A mobile version set in the Wakfu universe is now out for both Android and iOS devices. It’s a colorful real-time combat battler that also features PvP fights and tournaments. [Android, iOS]
- Firefall coming to PS4 in China: At ChinaJoy 2015, Firefall announced that it will be coming the PlayStation 4 in the region at an unknown point in the future. Its Chinese PC version is currently in beta. [MMO Culture]
- Gamer Personality Quiz: There’s a new alternative to the famous Bartle test to figuring out what kind of gamer you are. The Gamer Motivation Profile asks you a series of questions and ranks your interest in action, mastery, achievement, social, immersion, and creativity. [Gamer Motivation Profile via Ars Technica. Thanks to karmamule for the tip!]
- Devilian dishes on devils: Get a deeper look into Devilian’s backstory with this short lore piece on the rise of demonic creatures in the world. [Devilian]
- Sea of Thieves invites you to follow it: Rare’s seafaring quasi-MMO now has a new page with links to its official YouTube channel and Twitter feed. [Sea of Thieves. Thanks to Dengar for the tip!]
We’ll start out with the macabre video for TERA’s Evil Island instance. Are you ready for October to get here? You will be after this one!
Need to brush up on your Final Fantasy XIV lore for Ishgard? This video overview has you covered:
Ragnarok Online Mobile is heading out way in 2016, and at ChinaJoy they showed the teaser trailer for the upcomind adaptation. Check it out!
There’s a new cell-shaded MMO coming called Dragomon Hunter that boasts over a hundred tamable enemies and visceral combat. We’ve got the announcement trailer and developer interview for you below. Thanks to Dengar for pointing this out!
Take a peek at this high-level content in Archlord 2’s latest patch, because chances are you’re not leet enough to play it.