The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week we have stories and videos from EVE Online, Wurm Online, Gloria Victis, Brawl of Ages, TERA, World of Warships, H1Z1, Champions Online, Portal Knights, Final Fantasy XI, Aion, Wakfu, and The Black Death, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Portal Knights: This multiplayer game’s launch is scheduled for late May, but console players can check it out right now thanks to the trial!
- Gloria Victis: Part of the team is working on the creation of a new playable race, the nomadic Azebs.
- Wakfu: “The ‘Astrub Model‘ is a collection of changes being gradually implemented across several game areas in the aim of making all types of in-game activities more attractive.” We’ll assume you players know what that means.
- Champions Online: The Reign of Frogs mission has gotten a facelift with some new rewards.
- H1Z1: The latest patch is bringing pre-season 4 preparations, regional locks, and the end of a handful of exploits (who’s hiding trees now?).
- Wurm Online: A small patch adjusted siege engine performance and added oleander to cooking ingredients. OOH.
- Aion: Aion’s gone a little nuts (in a good way) for spring, with events like bonus XP boosts and a seasonal lottery. Also, who knew that eggs played cards?
- Final Fantasy XI: You’re going to need a little “moogle magic” to excel at the Feast of Swords, coming to a game near you on April 27th.
- EVE Online: Curious how the plague LARP event unfolded at Fanfest this year? You owe it to yourself to read the full story behind it.
Odds and Ends
- TERA: The latest flying dragon mounts you can get in the game? Bone dragons. They’re hardcore, man.
Several new French cruisers have steamed into World of Warships:
The Black Death devs fielded 20 minutes of community questions and answers, check it out:
Get a feel for what Brawl of Ages, a PvP arena card game, is like with the following video explanation.