The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
New Games and Testing
- Wild Terra: The big selling point of patch 8.3? Animated cloaks! The team also included many new breeds of horses, including rare varieties.
- Paragon/Fortnite: Epic Games said in an interview that work on both of these titles will never be fully completed due to the evolving and growing nature of online games.
- Lineage II: Blood Oath: We got a glimpse into what this mobile offshoot of Lineage II will look like, with a few new details and screenshots. Interestingly enough, there will be an “assistance” feature to help automate some actions, including combat.
- Gloria Victis: This past week’s patch added in a new world boss and revamped Lord’s Wrath Abbey. Enjoy!
- Elder Scrolls Online: A minor patch fixed up a few frustrating issues with the game and tweaked combat abilities. The team also released a lore entry on the NPC Green-Venom-Tongue.
- Grim Dawn: The team gave another sneak peek at some of the items coming with the Hidden Paths content update.
- DC Universe Online: Both Episode 24 (with Darkseid’s War Factory and Harley’s Heist) and GU60 are currently on the test server.
- Granado Espada: Three months of events have kicked off in this game, including one where you get a gift just for logging in each day. This is all leading up to July’s release of the MMO’s next chapter.
- Heroes of the Storm: The North America Summer Regional took place this weekend with a $100,000 prize pool. The next step for the winners is the Summer Global Championship in June, with a $500,00 prize pool. [Source: press release]
- APB Reloaded: Between challenging the community to find the hidden devs in the game, the team is asking players to vote on which event to bring back this summer.
Odds and Ends
- Virtual Reality: Already records tied to the new VR movement are being set, with Derek Westerman getting into the Guinness Book of World Records for spending 25 hours straight playing the HTC Vive. [Thanks Sally!]
- Allods Online: Those using Paysafecard to pay for the game will be delighted to hear that the commission from it has been entirely removed.
- Pirate101: This week’s producer’s letter announced that two more chapters in the pirate story will be coming this summer! Fans of the game will also want to read up on the May newsletter. [Thanks Tom!]
- Trove: Trove is selling its soundtrack for $7, with net proceeds from the sales to be donated to Migrant Offshore Aid Station (MOAS).
- Skyforge: The team delivered another historical log, this time of the Thetin Rift zone.