The MOP Up: Aion makes a date with the Divine Fortress (January 28, 2018)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from League of Legends, Path of Exile, Warframe, Black Desert, Fortnite, Armored Warfare, Perfect World International, Aion, Monster Hunter World, PUBG, Final Fantasy XIV, Overwatch, MechWarrior Online, Tree of Life, and Crossout, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Crossout: This early access MMO just added its seventh faction, the Firestarters, who are a religious cult that worships flowers. Er, fire.
- Soul Magic Online: This mobile title was designed from the ground-up for portrait mode on mobile, and it’s now out in a live environment.
- Armored Warfare: This heavy metal game will start PlayStation 4 testing on February 6th.
- OrbusVR: This game is now available on the Oculus Rift store.
- MechWarrior Online: The patcher is sunsetting on February 19th in favor of the newer portal. So, y’know, switch already.
- Aion: The EU’s Update 5.8 has been scheduled for February 7th. This will contain two dungeons, Stigma socketing, and Divine Fortress PvP battles.
- Fortnite: Players can use the new Chug Jug and experience the return of the Mutant Storms event thanks to the latest update.
- Black Desert Online: The title launched in Southeast Asia and has already released its Mediah content.
- Path of Exile: Patch 3.13 introduced a new burning ground effect and “high priority” bug fixes.
- Tree of Life: This sandbox is on sale for $13.39 until February 1st (that’s 33% off).
- Final Fantasy XIV: There’s a fan gathering in London planned for February 10th. You going?
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds: Global Loot League kicked off a $50,000 e-sports season for this shooter.
Odds and Ends
- Overwatch: Hoping to play Overwatch with a mouse and keyboard on console? Yeah, good luck with that.
- Monster Hunter World: And while we’re dishing out bad news, don’t expect this game to ever come to Nintendo Switch.
- Perfect World International: In the upcoming Wonderland expansion, the team is overhauling its faction system.
- Miitomo: Nintendo announced that it will be shutting down the Miitomo app on May 6th.
- Warframe: The title’s third comic is now out! [Thanks Sophiskiai!]
- League of Legends: Apparently the stopwatch item is causing a lot of issues with the flow of professional games. Oops.