It may not be the most sexy or exotic of biomes, but plains tend to pop up in pretty much every MMORPG — and they always have music to adventure by! In this episode of the Battle Bards, the crew evaluates music from steppes, savannahs, and the great, great plains. Is it all dull atmospheric tunes? Far from it, as you’ll soon discover. So join this eclectic team for a grand 150th episode spectacular!
Battle Bards is a the world’s first, best, and only MMO music podcast. Biweekly episodes alternate between examining a single MMO’s soundtrack and exploring music tracks revolving around a theme. MOP’s Justin co-hosts with bloggers Steff and Syl. The cast is available on iTunes, Google Play, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, and Player.FM.
Episode 150 show notes
- Intro (feat. “Plains of Beauty” from Runes of Magic, “Open Plains” from Anarchy Online, and “The Azim Steppe (Daytime)” from FFXIV)
- “Plains” from World of Warcraft
- “Plains of Ashford” from Guild Wars 2
- “Gahren Plains” from Vanguard
- “Pradeth Plains” from Aion
- “Agris Steppe” from Black Desert
- “Zafaria Savannah” from Wizard101
- “Skypetal Plains South” from Blade and Soul
- Which one did we like best?
- Listener mail from Caroline, Sam, Sym, and Katriana
- Jukebox picks: “Slinger’s Song” from Bastion, “Waterfalls” from Seasons After the Fall, and “The Roof” from Plants vs. Zombies
- Outro (feat. “Thundering Steppes” from EverQuest II)
- Stinger: Efficient German love