The MOP Up: Worlds Adrift makes room for PvE servers (August 12, 2018)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from Old School RuneScape, Worlds Adrift, Destiny 2, Starfall Online, Survived By, Hyper Universe, Elsword, Pirate101, War of Rights, Ragnarok Online, Perfect World Mobile, OrbusVR, SMITE, and Prosperous Universe, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Prosperous Universe: The small dev team is ramping up for a “much bigger test run” in a few months and is looking for player input right now.
- Ragnarok Online: A new mobile MMO from Tencent, called Love at First Sight, is apparently in development!
- Starfall Online: A major crafting test is underway for this sci-fi MMO — are you on board? [Thanks Dekthro!]
- Worlds Adrift: PvE servers are on their way to the game, and the devs have a lot to say about this in a recent AMA: “We want to open a PvE server, where certain things will be turned off […] This allows people who just want to get into the game with their friends, build a ship, explore, find stuff, progress through the weather walls and not really worry about all the other stuff.”
- SMITE: Patch 5.14, the one with the Goddess of Volcanoes, is now live for consoles.
- OrbusVR: Mounts, capes, and the cosmetic shop have arrived with this latest VR patch!
- War of Rights: The Civil War keeps expanding with bigger guns and more battlefields (including a new Antietam Dry House map).
- Survived By: Here comes a wipe, followed by the brand-new game economy!
- Old School RuneScape: Looting bag changes, Bounty Hunter target improvements, and PID changes came with this week’s patch.
- Tribes: The diminished but passionate community for this game is celebrating its 20th anniversary.
Odds and Ends
- Pirate101: Read up on the latest happenings with the game’s July newsletter!
- Hyper Universe: Nexon’s 2-D oddball MOBA has officially launched on Xbox One. Good luck with that!
Big combat and weapon customization changes are on the way for Destiny 2, but you can prepare yourself for them by listening to this dev stream:
Strap on your weapons and grab your guts, because you’re going to need all the advantage you can get for Elsword’s Varnimyr Raid:
Give the Perfect World Mobile trailer a watch, straight from ChinaJoy to your desktop: