On this week’s show, Bree and Justin adjust to the news that Torchlight III and New World are coming soon, look over Phantasy Star Online 2’s content roadmap, touch base with Raph Koster’s studio, follow up with a few controversial MMO studio efforts, and tackle listener mail on toxicity and modding.
It’s the Massively OP Podcast, an action-packed hour of news, tales, opinions, and gamer emails! And remember, if you’d like to send in your own letter to the show, use the “Tips” button in the top-right corner of the site to do so.
Listen to the show right now:
- Adventures in MMOs: RIFT, Lord of the Rings Online, SWG
- News: New World is coming this August
- News: Torchlight III goes into early access
- News: EVE Online’s asset bait and switch
- News: Phantasy Star Online 2’s roadmap
- News: Raph Koster’s MMO studio gets $10 million in funding, talks up tech
- News: ArcheAge launches Garden of the Gods expansion
- News: EverQuest throttles progression server, compensates players
- Mailbag: How can MMOs police chat channels?
- Mailbag: Modding and Fallout 76
- Download Episode 276
- Podcast theme: “Dawn over Norrath” from EverQuest
- Your show hosts: Justin and Bree
- Listen to Massively OP Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, TuneIn, Google Play, iHeartRadio, Pocket Casts, and Spotify
- Follow Massively Overpowered: Website, Twitter, Facebook, and Twitch
- If you’re having problems seeing or using the web player, please check your flashblock or scriptblock setting.