The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from Elder Scrolls Legends, Fortnite, Path of Exile, World of Warships, Paladins, Armored Warfare, Neverwinter, Guild Wars 2, Overwatch, Elder Scrolls Online, World of Tanks, Shot Online, and EVE Online, all waiting for you after the break!
- World of Tanks: A free war stories expansion is now available to all Xbox and Playstation players.
- Armored Warfare: The team is changing up its content delivery pace with a new format called seasons.
- Path of Exile: Check out what’s coming with Patch 3.2.2B, including new unique itms, a persistent Do Not Disturb mode, and 3-D art for the Bestiary Farrul’s armor set.
- Fortnite: Update 3.4 is plugging in some vending machines, making a lot of balance changes, and bringing back the high explosives game mode. The mobile game, by the way, is making serious bank, with over $15 million generated in its first month.
Odds and Ends
- EVE Online: CCP is moving to close a “security hole” that players have used to access the Chinese version of the game. Also, something with accordions.
- Elder Scrolls Online: Meet Proxy Queen Alwinarwe of the upcoming Summerset expansion. She looks like a party animal.
- Netmarble: The mobile game studio just dropped $190 million on a K-pop band called BTS and is making a game based off of it. The band, not the investment.
- Overwatch: Get into the lore of Retribution with this new 10-page comic!
- Neverwinter: The team shared some of the tools and resources for its 2018 Neverwinter Academy Catalogue.
- World of Warships: Twitch Prime is running a promotion this month that will grant subscribers the tier V battleship Texas, a commemorative flag, a special set of combat missions, and permanent camo for the Texas.
- Net Neutrality: Believe it or not, the ESA is coming down on the side of the good guys with this issue, trying to intervene in the FCC repeal order.
Elder Scrolls Legends has released Houses of Morrowind, with 140 new cards, several new keywords, and three-attribute cards:
Frontline champion Khan is bringing his juggernaut style to Paladins on April 11th:
The Krytan Herald put together a really neat lore video on Guild Wars 2’s Sylvari. Give it a watch: