On this week’s show, Bree and Justin sift through the news coming out of PAX East (including Magic Legends, Population Zero, and Lord of the Rings Online) while evaluating the coronavirus’ impact on GDC and EVE Fanfest. Other topics up for discussion include City of Heroes’ new powersets, Funcom’s financials, and why WildStar died.
It’s the Massively OP Podcast, an action-packed hour of news, tales, opinions, and gamer emails! And remember, if you’d like to send in your own letter to the show, use the “Tips” button in the top-right corner of the site to do so.
Listen to the show right now:
- Adventures in MMOs: AdventureQuest 3D, Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes
- News: PAX East hands-on with Population Zero and Magic Legends
- News: LOTRO and DDO get a sneak peek at upcoming content
- News: Coronavirus shuts down EVE Fanfest and GDC
- News: Funcom doubles down on Dune
- News: City of Heroes Homecoming gets new powersets
- Mailbag: Should MMOs have something for everyone?
- Mailbag: Why did WildStar fail?
- Download Episode 261
- Podcast theme: “Hammer of the Underworld” from Lord of the Rings Online
- Your show hosts: Justin and Bree
- Listen to Massively OP Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, TuneIn, Google Play, iHeartRadio, Pocket Casts, and Spotify
- Follow Massively Overpowered: Website, Twitter, Facebook, and Twitch
- If you’re having problems seeing or using the web player, please check your flashblock or scriptblock setting.