Massively OP Podcast Episode 59: This great stage of fools
With April Fools’ Day out of the way, we can get back to the ultra-serious business of talking about video games and all of the shenanigans that the industry and community produces! Bree and Justin return for another lively episode to talk about their favorite internet pranks, big MMO patches, and the welcome return of Super Adventure Box!
It’s the Massively OP Podcast, an action-packed hour of news, tales, opinions, and gamer emails! And remember, if you’d like to send in your own letter to the show, use the “Tips” button in the top-right corner of the site to do so.
- 00:00 – Introduction and April Fools’ (with music from Guild Wars 2 SAB)
- 02:26 – Adventures in MMOs: Marvel Heroes, Guild Wars 2, Project Gorgon, World of Warcraft
- 10:54 – MMO April Fools’ Day and the return of Super Adventure Box
- 16:00 – EVE Online starts another massive battle
- 21:24 – Final Fantasy XI signs off on consoles
- 24:49 – The Secret World does Arabian Nights
- 27:05 – WildStar opens Arcterra
- 28:30 – Guild Wars 2 legendary weapon controversy
- 42:05 – Mailbag: Why do players want a similar experience?
- 47:30 – Mailbag: Customer support
- 55:24 – Outro
- Download Episode 59
- Podcast theme: “Victory!” from Guild Wars 2
- Your show hosts: Bree and Justin
- Listen to Massively OP Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, TuneIn, and Pocket Casts
- Follow Massively Overpowered: Website, Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Twitch
- If you’re having problems seeing or using the web player, please check your flashblock or scriptblock setting.