The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week we have stories and videos from Overwatch, League of Legends, EVE Online, Mabinogi Duel, Space Engineers, Ingress, Eternal Crusade, Elder Scrolls Online, Final Blade, Hearthstone, God Eater Online, Drakensang Online, and EVE Valkyrie, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- God Eater Online: This robust fantasy mobile MMO just launched in Japan on Android devices with the iOS version to follow.
- Drakensang Online: On February 28th, the game will roll out its Sands of Malice expansion with an Arabian Nights theme. [Source: [press release]
- Hearthstone: Ranked play now has “floors” where you can’t de-level past those ranks once you reach them. Additionally, the newest patch contains some nerfs to pirates and shamans that the meta will need to contend with.
- Mabinogi Duel: The newest update for this CCG contains a fresh home menu, the Forest of the Dead generation, and some limited time events. [Source: press release]
- League of Legends: The long-awaited practice tool is now live in the game for those who want to hone their craft. Also, a survey found that LoL to be the most-betted upon e-sports game.
- Eternal Crusades: Players now have the ability to set up grudge matches, i.e. Eternal Battles, with other groups that can be broadcast to the larger community.
- Ingress: There’s a “global shard manifestation event” running from now through March 25th that will take place over three phases. [Thanks Nordavind!]
Odds and Ends
- Elder Scrolls Online: Want to get more into your new homestead than you already are? Check out this in-character lore interview that was written for some reason.
- Space Engineers: Use this step-by-step guide to script your own deathmatch scenario!
- EVE Online: Here’s an odd story for you. The dev team wrote a whole saga on how one of the oldest bugs in the game was hunted down and exterminated.
- Overwatch: An aimbot cheater found himself in a match against six extremely seasoned pros and got his butt kicked to the extreme. Funny read.
Once this spring’s expansion set arrives, Blizzard will banish several older card sets from Hearthstone’s standard play and make them exclusive to the wild format. Here’s how it’ll work:
“The wormhole has awoken.” Are you ready for EVE Valkyrie’s newest game mode? Probably not, but you can test the waters with this trailer.
NCsoft has a new mobile fantasy MMO on the market, Final Blade, and you can check out this Asian-themed title if you can get ahold of the Korean version.