The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from Neverwinter, Elder Scrolls Legends, Elite Dangerous, SWTOR, MapleStory, Hyper Universe, SMITE, Travian Online, Diablo III, Figureheads, Pokemon Go, Heroes and Generals, Rappelz, Ultima Online, Soulworker Online, Black Desert, and Gigantic, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Hyper Universe: The Steam page is live — is early access coming soon?
- Ultima Online: Publish 98 with all of its Halloween and anniversary content is now out worldwide!
- Rappelz: The team announced Epic 9.5 for this fall, which includes the Trials of Devildom instance.
- Travian Online: This indie MMO is adding Huns and Egyptians next month, as well as an Ancient Europe map.
- SMITE: The PC version introduced the Corrupted Arena adventure for players to experience.
- Elite Dangerous: The 2.4 beta patch is available for download with plenty of new Holo-Me options.
- Elder Scrolls Legends: The chaos arena, with plenty of zany rules, is now live in the game.
- Gigantic: The community rallied to do 2.1 billion in damage — and earned a reward for the collective milestone.
- Black Desert: Check out these beautiful and way-too-cute screenshot winners of an owner and pet contest.
Odds and Ends
- Heroes and Generals: The game’s director fielded his first “Q&A&Why” stream this past week.
- Tencent: This gaming giant’s mobile revenue topped its PC income for the first time ever.
- Pokemon Go: Niantic employees answered several questions for fans at a mall. Yes, a mall.
- Cryptic: The studio hosted female finalists for Technovation to talk about game development.
- Cryptocurrency: Game developers are working with instead of against the idea of turning game coins into real world cash.
- E-Sports: Nielsen — yes, the TV people — is launching its own e-sports company. For realsies.
- Diablo III: Some stolen art turned up in a very strange place.
- MapleStory: The official site has a slot machine through which players can win fabulous prizes.
- SWTOR: Get into the groove of the game’s August update with this short story on Umbara.
- Neverwinter: There’s an AMA on systems design coming this Tuesday!
Steparu took a look at Japanese PvP brawler Figureheads:
Check out another one of the advanced classes of Soulworker Online, Haru Estia, in this trailer: