The MOP Up: The Black Death improves its profession system (June 10, 2018)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from Old School RuneScape, Pokemon Go, EverQuest, EVE Online, Paladins, Titan Quest, The Black Death, Skyforge, Final Fantasy XI, Wizard101, Pirate101, War of Rights, Evolve, State of Decay 2, all waiting for you after the break!
- State of Decay 2: A 20 GB (!) patch attempted to fix some of the widespread bugs that have dragged down this game since launch.
- War of Rights: This multiplayer battle simulator keeps pumping out patches, with a new one adding more to the Harper’s Ferry skirmish.
- Skyforge: Can’t say that there were any truly exciting features in the July 6th patch, but at least some fixes and Pantheon changes got put in there.
- The Black Death: The Knight and Beggar are back along with a new and improved professions system!
- Old School RuneScape: The Theater of Blood is ready, waiting, and thirsty for your life’s essence…
- Final Fantasy XI: This month’s login campaign is starting up tomorrow, so get ready to grab yourself a shiny new statue!
- Pokemon Go: The Water Festival is ready to soak you with bonuses, so splash around before it’s too late.
Odds and Ends
- Evolve: 2K announced that it will be gradually sunsetting its 4v1 Evolve over this summer.
- Pirate101 and Wizard101: You’ll want to catch up with the latest happenings and community spotlights in these newsletters!
- EverQuest: The Coirnav progression server moved forward with the unlocking of the Ruins of Kunark expansion this past week.
- EVE Online: Voting is now open for this year’s CSM elections, and while you’re doing that, why not listen to some of the new music from the Into the Abyss expansion?
Did you know that both Paladins and Titan Quest are available on the Nintendo Switch? More options for more online play, is what we say!