The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week, the Path of Exile developers fielded a lot — and we mean, a LOT — of community questions. Topics included unique items, the in-game map, older skills, and exploits. This is how you do Q&As, people!
We’ve got plenty of other news tidbits for you after the jump, including patches, MMOs in testing, videos, and more!
New Games and Testing
- Sacrament: File this under the “just in case you missed it” category: Sacrament is looking to help fund the MMO by selling a physical card game.
- 7 Days to Die: Need to sink your teeth into a zombie apocalypse survival game? Look no further than this title, which is currently in alpha testing. [Thanks Jordan!]
- Kingdom Warriors: Snail Games just released this game on Android devices that is a blend of the ARPG, MMO, and RTS genres.
- Wild Buster: This Korean military sci-fi title is heading into its second round of closed beta testing later this month. There is no word of a western release.
- Wild Terra: Lots going on with this game lately: There’s a summer sale, news about the skill system, and notes about the survival sandbox’s latest update.
- Final Fantasy XI: This game’s “retirement” continues with a small July patch that includes new event quests.
- EVE Online: The rules have been posted for this year’s Alliance Tournament XIV. Sign-ups will be taken through July 22nd, and the tournament will commence on October 1st.
Odds and Ends
- Champions Online: Been thinking about picking up a lifetime subscription to this superhero MMO? It’s currently 33% off through July 14th.
- Overwatch: Here’s something you might not know about this smash hit shooter: It was designed to “play by sound,” with a strong emphasis on audio design.
You, yes you, can enroll in a four-session course about the mechanics of EVE Online’s wormholes. Doesn’t that sound exciting?
ECO will have an extensive transport and vehicle system, so learn more about it with this video: