The MOP Up: Neverwinter brings the thunder to consoles (October 23, 2016)
The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This past week, Storm King’s Thunder arrived on Neverwinter’s console versions after its PC debut. We’ve got that plus stories and videos from Destiny, Riders of Icarus, TERA, and more, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Hyper Universe: This colorful side-scrolling MOBA is getting ready to go into open beta testing on November 22nd.
- Crossout: This post-apocalyptic MMO is adding a medieval knight-inspired faction. Just in case you want to decorate your deathmobile like a 12th century catapult.
- Planet Explorers: Open-world adventure sandbox Planet Explorers will be officially launching on October 26th. It is $25 on Steam.
- The Black Death: A recent patch added several new features, such as darkness effects, player written books, and UI tweaks.
- Darkfall Rise of Agon: Imbued gems are the big new feature of the most recent patch. The devs are also extending the free fall trial through November 1st.
- Destiny: A minor patch, 2.4.1, went live last Tuesday with several adjustments to the economy.
- Neverwinter: Storm King’s Thunder, the huge update that added a new campaign and three adventure zones, finally arrived on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- Toram Online: The end of Chapter 4 is finally here, with two new zones, 14 recipes, and more story quests. [Source: Press release]
- Battlerite: Patch 0.8 came out on October 20th, adding in some Halloween content and the new champion, Jumong.
- Champions Online: The devs are throwing a costume contest on the forums through November 11th, so get out there with your best outfits and make us proud! [Thanks Jetforce!]
Odds and Ends
- Overwatch: Fans were disappointed that Overwatch didn’t fully reveal the expected Sombra character after an ARG timer counted down to zero. What a horrible tease.
- TERA: There are now new payment options for Latin American players, thanks to a partnership with BoaCompra.
- Riders of Icarus: The dev team gives some behind-the-scenes insight into the design and purpose of mounts in this MMO.
- Vendetta Online: This long-running space MMO has made the jump to the Samsung Gear VR, just in case you wanted to merge the experiences.
- Lineage II: You can grab three days of free play on the game’s EU classic server.
- Destiny: Aww… two game developers got engaged through this game in the most nerdy-cute way possible.