The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week we have stories and videos from MechWarrior Online, Guild Wars 2, EverQuest II, Cabal Online, EVE Valkyrie, Paragon, Second Life, Luna Online, Atelier Online, Final Fantasy XI, Legend of Ancient Sword Online, No Man’s Sky, Heroes of the Storm, Art of Conquest, Dreadnought, Overwatch, SINoALICE, Blade and Soul, Pokemon Go, and Eternal Crusade, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Eternal Crusade: There’s a new “mega-batch” of community questions and answers up!
- SINoALICE: This Japanese title has already reached a half-million registrations and can be downloaded.
- Art of Conquest: This mobile MMORTS has launched worldwide, offering both base-building and MMO exploration. It’s out on Android and iOS.
- Guild Wars 2: PvP league season 7 is starting on June 13th.
- Final Fantasy XI: June’s patch is a mish-mash of various improvements, including new effects for certain weapon skills.
Odds and Ends
- MechWarrior Online: The team addressed reports of recent server issues.
- EverQuest II: The beta for the Fallen Gate time-locked expansion has begun, and here’s how you can participate.
- Pokemon Go: Sponsored locations could earn some serious money if they partner up with this game! Also, legendaries and PvP are coming this summer and the game has passed 750 million downloads.
- Overwatch: One critic thinks that this team shooter still isn’t ready to be a top e-sport. Also, is China’s Hero Mission the most blatant Overwatch ripoff yet?
- Legal: Entertainment Software Association filed a lawsuit against Chicago and the city’s attempt to tax online video game play.
- Heroes of the Storm: Curious how the game’s heroes are developed? An interview with the team reveals the behind-the-scenes process.
- No Man’s Sky: There’s some weird ARG going on with this game themed after the show 13 Reasons Why.
- Luna Online: A new southeast Asian server is opening up for this MMO.
- Second Life: Dive into the deep and beautiful world of makeup unboxing videos.
- EVE Valkyrie: If you’ve held off on getting this VR game in the hopes of a price reduction, now’s your chance! CCP cut the price tag down to $40 and posted a roadmap of Valkyrie’s future updates.
Cabal Online has introduced a new class, the Force Runner:
Paragon’s added a new carry, Wukong, to the roster. How does he play like?
Legend of Ancient Sword Online is about ready to go into its third closed beta test on June 23rd. Here’s the trailer!
Steparu pitted two Blade and Soul classes (including the new Maestro) against each other to see who would win:
Dreadnought’s closed beta on the PlayStation 4 recently introduced a PvE Havoc coop mode. Also, they’re selling founder’s packs:
Here’s another one of them Japanese mobile MMOs, Atelier Online. Guess it’s launching sometime this year?