On this week’s show, Bree and Justin cleans up after Guild Wars 2’s PR disaster, chew over the survivability of Shroud of the Avatar, and commiserate about Camelot Unchained’s delay. It’s not all downer news — there’s some really great stuff happening in the MMO industry, and that makes an appearance on this extra-long episode!
Special note: If you want to skip the ArenaNet discussion for the rest of the news, go to the 50-minute mark (yeah, we talk about it a lot!). Also, please note that this was recorded before the Polygon article that came out Monday night, so it’s missing some the additional commentary on Mike O’Brien’s second formal statement.
It’s the Massively OP Podcast, an action-packed hour of news, tales, opinions, and gamer emails! And remember, if you’d like to send in your own letter to the show, use the “Tips” button in the top-right corner of the site to do so.
Listen to the show right now:
- Adventures in MMOs: Batman Telltale Games, Trove, The Sims 4
- News: ArenaNet fires two Guild Wars 2 devs after Twitter fracas
- Additional links: Wolfy’s essay, WoodenPotatoes’ video
- News: Camelot Unchained delays beta (again)
- News: Warframe is coming to Nintendo Switch
- News: Is Shroud of the Avatar a flop?
- News: Temtem rakes in the Kickstarter moneys
- News: Final Fantasy XIV’s very tall dungeon
- Mailbag: Defiance 2050 and looter shooter appeal
- News: Trion’s gift for Marvel Heroes players
- Download Episode 177
- Podcast theme: “Main Theme” from Camelot Unchained
- Your show hosts: Justin and Bree
- Listen to Massively OP Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, TuneIn, Google Play, iHeartRadio, Pocket Casts, and Spotify
- Follow Massively Overpowered: Website, Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Twitch
- If you’re having problems seeing or using the web player, please check your flashblock or scriptblock setting.
Further reading on the Guild Wars 2 incident and ensuing fallout: