The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from Destiny 2, Scum, Pokemon Go, OrbusVR, Dauntless, Heroes of the Storm, Skyforge, Elsword, Old School RuneScape, MapleStory Blitz, Destiny 2, The Elder Scrolls Legends, Prosperous Universe, Final Fantasy XIV, MU Legend, Wakfu, and Dark and Light, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Dauntless: The team is revisiting earlier concepts due to player feedback in the hopes of making more challenging encounters.
- Wakfu: To celebrate the release of the third season of the animated show, the team is releasing a mobile game spin-off!
- Wakfu: Two new modes are coming with Update 1.59 — as well as a rework of the Flower Capture battlefield! You’ll also want to learn about the class balancing that’s part of this package.
- The Elder Scrolls Legends: Houses of Morrowind is coming on March 29th with 140 new cards for this CCG. Whoops, actually April 5th.
- Destiny 2: Take a gander at some of the new weaponry that’s coming to this online shooter.
- MapleStory Blitz: The mobile card game just dropped its first big update with 36 new cards, the Zakum’s Altar dungeon, ranked mode enhancements, PvE auto-battling, a battle guide, and balance adjustments. [Source: Press release]
- Old School RuneScape: Fake XP? It’s a thing in this MMO and it’s getting some of the changes that are coming soon to the game.
- Skyforge: A small patch fixed some issues and limited players to only one legendary item of each kind per invasion.
- OrbusVR: Patch 4.75 adds a much-anticipated talent system to this VR MMO.
- Dark and Light: Snail is challenging players to take one of three screenshots and turn it into a movie poster. Up for a contest?
- Elsword: A longer season 6 and new rewards are coming to PvP — and that’s not all!
Odds and Ends
- Final Fantasy XIV: The Primals, a band formed by FFXIV’s sound director and featuring music from the game, has just released its first album.
- Amazon: The super-retailer has introduced a new service called GameOn that lets developers throw competitions on PC, mobile, and console. Expect to see this featured heavily in e-sports going forward.
- HTC Vive: Valve has cut the price of its original VR headset as it brings the HTC Vive Pro online.
- Pokemon Go: This game and Google maps API are deep in bed together — here’s how.
- Destiny 2: Bungie is finally going to penalize players for ditching the Crucible.
Scum teaches you how your body’s metabolism keeps you alive:
Heroes of the Storm players are battling over a potential $1 million pot for this year’s Heroes of the Dorm:
Get a tutorial of Prosperous Universe’s flexible gameplay:
Check out MU Legend’s Spellbinder in action and then deeply consider if you are going to play one: