On this week’s show, Bree and Justin brace for the busiest launch week in recent memory (Phantasy Star Online 2! Greymoor! Guild Wars 2’s No Quarter! EverQuest progression servers!), look at Daybreak’s latest studio “spin-off,” dig into the latest ArcheAge controversy, talk about rogue server security, and figure out where “ownership” of online games lies.
It’s the Massively OP Podcast, an action-packed hour of news, tales, opinions, and gamer emails! And remember, if you’d like to send in your own letter to the show, use the “Tips” button in the top-right corner of the site to do so.
Listen to the show right now:
- Adventures in MMOs: Star Wars Galaxies, Lord of the Rings Online, Elder Scrolls Online, Fallout 76
- News: ArcheAge’s paid DLC sparks controversy
- News: Phantasy Star Online 2 launches May 27
- News: Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor launches May 26
- News: Guild Wars 2’s No Quarter episode releases May 26
- News: EverQuest goes down for two days, opens two new progression servers on May 27
- News: Daybreak registers a new studio
- News: Sea of Thieves goes to Steam on June 3, EVE Echoes launches in August
- Mailbag: Rogue server security
- Mailbag: Ownership and rights as consumers
- Download Episode 273
- Podcast theme: “Shadow in the Ice Trailer Theme” from Guild Wars 2
- Your show hosts: Justin and Bree
- Listen to Massively OP Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Player FM, TuneIn, Google Play, iHeartRadio, Pocket Casts, and Spotify
- Follow Massively Overpowered: Website, Twitter, Facebook, and Twitch
- If you’re having problems seeing or using the web player, please check your flashblock or scriptblock setting.