The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. See any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
New games and testing
- SWG Reborn: A new player-led Star Wars Galaxies emulator popped up recently under the name SWG Reborn. It boasts a post-NGE experience and has a test server up already.
- Eco: Now that Eco’s successful Kickstarter campaign has concluded, the team is turning their attention to full development and churning out dev diaries. First up is a look at the UI development, new backer options, and a web browser interface for the in-game ecosystem.
- Tribes: Ascend: Hi-Rez briefly mentioned that there are at least two more PTS patches to go with this shooter’s revival, with balance changes taking priority.
- ELOA: Webzen cleared up some confusion over the existence of Inspirit Online (which is the unofficial and “illegal” version of ELOA) and its own upcoming launch of ELOA in the west.
Events and contests
- Dark Age of Camelot: The sixth chapter of DAoC’s Otherworlds campaign is in full swing, giving players the opportunity to earn themselves a sweet pair of gloves.
- Skyforge: The winners of Skyforge’s weird-as-crap MS Paint Contest have been announced, and your life is better for it.
- Champions Online: There’s a double Questionite event running through October 1st, so log in and get yours! [Thanks to The Grand Nagus for the tip!]
Odds and ends
- Myth of Soma: The current dev crew at this long-running title are asking for community input as to what is the “pinnacle” feature that makes MMOs enjoyable.
- No Man’s Sky: Sean Murray, the creator of No Man’s Sky, will be appearing on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on October 2nd.
- Guild Wars 2: Veteran voice actor Nolan North sat down with Gamespot to do an interview about his role in Heart of Thorns.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: BioWare continues its streak of spoilers by providing the entire personal story summary to the Jedi Consular for those who will skip it come the expansion.
If you’re even slightly curious about the in-development sandbox Saga of Lucimia, we’ve got a triple-decker of videos from the alpha for you, courtesy of Paganrites!