The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from Paladins Strike, Warface, Monster Hunter World, Heroes and Generals, Pirate101, Trove, Skyforge, The Black Death, Star Trek Online, EverClicker, Neverwinter, Just Survive, Dauntless, Battlejack, Dungeon Fighter Online, League of Legends, Hyper Universe, Dark Age of Camelot, MU Origin, MU Legend, EVE Online, Age of Wushu, State of Decay 2, Dota 2, Splatoon, and Starcraft Remastered, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- State of Decay 2: Here’s how the game’s coop mode will function (hint: It involves flareguns).
- Battlejack: RPG mechanics and blackjack… an interesting combination that’s out for both iOS and Android.
- The Black Death: Find out how you can be cured of the plague, should you contract it.
- Monster Hunter World: You’re going to get treated to free DLC with this game, just in case you were worried.
- Starcraft Remastered: This remake got its first round of post-launch bug fixes. Don’t worry, the Zerg are still in there.
- Dota 2: The game’s Siltbreaker coop campaign just wrapped up with this Act II patch.
- Dungeon Fighter Online: Customizable gear sets were added to the game in its most recent update. [Thanks Colton!]
- Just Survive: A small patch put some zombies in their rightful place.
- Neverwinter: Various small fixes, including one that was ruining players’ fishing fun.
- EverClicker: KingsIsle’s little mobile game just added guilds. It’s still pretty mindless, though.
- Star Trek Online: Getting to the weekly event is now faster and easier thanks to this update.
- Trove: The team explains why it’s jacked up the difficulty of enemies in the Shadow Tower.
- Dark Age of Camelot: Chapter 6 of the Dragon’s Curse campaign is now up and running!
- League of Legends: Microsoft Store has teamed up with ASUS Republic of Gamers and Hyper X to host weekly events at specific store locations around North America And Australia. You can register for these events right now.
- Skyforge: Enemy demons are set to invade on August 30th! The sky is falling!
Odds and Ends
- Splatoon: The game lobbies are becoming a staging ground for LGBT activism.
- Perfect World: The company’s chairman thinks that China’s market potential is “undervalued” as it stands now.
- EVE Online: CCP asked one of the current members of the CSM to step down due to not having enough time to devote to the council.
- Valve: The company is looking to sue the developer of Mobile Legends for allegedly ripping off a Dota 2 character.
- Pirate101: This month’s newsletter said that the team will be rolling out smaller and more regular updates while expanding the game’s side systems.
- Warface: A Gamescom announcement revealed that players are heading to Chernobyl’s Pripyat soon!
Check out the theme song to Dauntless:
Paladins Strike brings the shooter game to mobile… and it kind of looks rad:
Hyper Universe released on Steam early access this past week. Curious what it’s about? Check out this trailer for the odd MOBA:
There’s a new German medium fighter in Heroes and Generals:
The new voice director of MU Legend opens up about his involvement with the project:
What’s going on with MU Origin’s newest patch? Find out here:
Age of Wushu just added the Ming Clan, its 9th school of combat, to the game: