The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
Maybe you’ll discover a new game in this space — or be reminded of an old favorite! This week we have stories and videos from Heroes of the Storm, Elder Scrolls Online, DayZ, EVE Online, Pokemon Go, Dota 2, City of Heroes, Final Fantasy XIV, Portal Knights, Lineage 2 Revolution, Wizard101, Ingress, and Reign of Guilds, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Reign of Guilds: The team outlined the upcoming MMO’s four-part crafting process in a decent dev blog.
- Portal Knights: You can pick up a demo of this game on the Nintendo Switch’s eshop!
- Lineage 2 Revolution: Check out the ultimate gear that is coming with the May update, as well as the massive castle sieges and level cap increase!
- Wizard101: Through today, you can get some special gardening deals in the game’s shop.
- Final Fantasy XIV: You probably missed it, but you can read up on this fan gathering in Finland.
Odds and Ends
- Virtual Reality: You can grab the new Oculus Go headset for just $199 and be part of an estimated 1.8 million people who will do so.
- Ingress: With Ingress Prime on the way, here’s everything you need to know about this ARG.
- City of Heroes: The game’s tutorial mission lives on — in pen-and-pencil RPG form!
- EVE Online: While the team tests out the new Abyssal Deadspace, players vote on the next CSM crew and parse the latest economic report.
- Dota 2: Not even this game is immune from the appeal of the battle royale craze. When will the bubble burst?
- Elder Scrolls Online: Get to know the stern Valsirenn of the Psijic Order. She might be your ticket to gaining those cool time skills!
- DayZ: Creative Director Brian Hicks has left the studio, as he feels “no longer needed” on the project.
Heroes of the Storm is making Diablo way, way more terrifying and effective than ever before:
2018’s Pokemon Go Fest has a strategy to avoid last year’s problems. Also, here’s a video on the ethics of the game from PAX East (it’s actually pretty cool):