The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. See any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
- Sacrament: The devs are dishing more details about this upcoming fantasy title with a dossier on the Assassin class and an overview of support roles. [Thanks to Aggelos for the tip!]
- Epsilon: This “Unreal 4-powered squad-based stealth action shooter” is going into early access testing within a few weeks and will be available on Steam this fall.
- Metal Reaper Online: This post-apocalyptic MMO will be coming to Steam on September 16th and includes features such as “Lv.60” and “New 19 kinds of Set Item.”
- Conquer Online: The first part of patch 3.0 is coming out in “mid-October” with the Kingdom War system, allowing players to fight their way to becoming emperor. Also, there will be an imperial harem. Hey, we just report the news, not explain it. [Source: Press release]
- Wakfu Raiders: The mobile spin-off of Wakfu added its first patch this week with a frontier siege mode, leaderboards, and two new story chapters. [Source: Press release]
- Skyforge: If you haven’t opened MS Paint in years (decades?) you might want to dust it off for Skyforge’s MS Paint Contest. Yes, it’s a real thing, and yes, you can win prizes.
Odds and Ends
- H1Z1: Ten Ton Hammer posted a piece looking at how the game’s developers might be preferring Twitter to Reddit for communication due to the latter’s “unwanted comments.”
- Ultima Online: The long-running game has a brand-new website, complete with a section on the upcoming expansion!
- Diablo II: Enjoy an oral history of Diablo II on its 15th anniversary from the mouths of its legendary creators.
- Star Citizen: This past week Star Citizen celebrated its third birthday since the game was announced back in 2012. [Thanks to Accelerwraith for the tip!]
- Destiny: Bungie is preparing a new soundtrack album for Destiny that includes tracks from the past three DLC packs including The Taken King. You can listen to a sample of it here.
It’s time for another excellent edition of the Middle-earth Lore series from Lord of the Rings Online players, this one focused on the town of Bree!
The latest update for Elsword Online contains new nasty Lanox dungeons to be conquered. Take a look:
Pokémon is taking a cue from Ingress with its newest title, Pokémon GO. To capture battle critters, players will have to travel around the real world and interact with locations on their mobile devices. [Thanks to Nordavind for the tip!]
Curious about the mention of Epsilon from before? Here’s the trailer for its pre-alpha gameplay: