The MMO industry moves along at the speed of information, and sometimes we’re deluged with so much news here at Massively Overpowered that some of it gets backlogged. That’s why there’s The MOP Up: a weekly compilation of smaller MMO stories and videos that you won’t want to miss. Seen any good MMO news? Hit us up through our tips line!
This week we got confirmation that The Division is finally launching its public test server (tomorrow, in fact!). We’ve got that plus stories and videos from Guild Wars 2, League of Legends, Final Fantasy XI, and more, all waiting for you after the break!
New Games and Testing
- Dofus Touch: This mobile edition of Dofus is now available in smartphone form in addition to tablet. All the sizes! [Thanks HoneyBadger!]
- Guardians of Ember: If a $20,000 stretch goal is reached, the team has plans to put in an Iron Man permadeath mode to this upcoming game. Guardians of Ember will be going into Steam early access by mid-October.
- Fractured Space: This team-based space MOBA has finally launched on Steam after two years of early access.
- Survarium: The 0.44 patch is live with a new anti-cheat system and weekly treasure hunt event.
- Final Fantasy XI: There’s some sort of weird buffalo wrangling event going on right now through October 10th. Because… buffalo!
- Guild Wars 2: The winners for the 2016 World Championship have been announced. And it’s you! Congrats!
- EVE Online: The Alliance Tournament XIV starts October 1st, and here is everything you need to know to be ready for it!
Odds and Ends
- EverQuest: The Shadows of Lucin expansion will be unlocking this coming Wednesday for the game’s Phinigel progression server.
- League of Legends: Come October 13th, you’ll be able to play a board game version of this popular MOBA. For real. Trash talk not included.
- Pokemon Go: This mobile game has driven crowds insane in Tokyo, frustrating the police and amusing us digital gawkers.
- The Division: The public test server will go online on September 26th, and here is a FAQ that covers all of the questions that the community might have about it. [Thanks A Dad Supreme!]
- Heroes of the Storm: Blizzard has many changes in the works for 2017, including shifting all regions to a uniform online league format.
- Dragon Nest: Eyedentity Games is taking over operation of this MMO on September 28th, and players need to transfer accounts by the 27th or else risk losing their characters. [Source: press release]
MU Origin’s 1.3.0 update is now live. The patch for the mobile game includes the Loren Castle Siege, the Labyrinth of Dimensions, the pet system, aether upgrades, and the guild shop. This game’s getting popular, too, as it’s reached the #7 spot in the U.S. app store.
The Sea of Thieves team put together a video showing off their pirate slang. How many of these do you know?
Want to see the creation of a Worlds Adrift island from start to finish? The dev team takes you through the process in this hour-long video and then learn the story of Bossa Studios.
Curious how Albion Online is shaping up as it works toward launch? Check out this extended hands-on gameplay session for an idea whether or not its worth your time and money.
One Age of Wushu 2 fan assembled a video talking about the sequel’s change to the Unreal Engine and how that might impact its development.